Friday, January 28, 2011

Japanese recipe: Harusame noodle soup with pork and bamboo shoots

When I was in college in Japan, I used to buy a cup of harusame noodle(Cellophane noodles) soup for lunch. From a variety kind of harusame noodle soup, Kimuchi jjgae and Seafood soups were my favorites. Harusame noodle soups are low is calories and very filling. Depending on the size, they are only about 70-200 calories.


After I moved to the US, I started making my own harusame noodle soup since imported food is very expensive. Also, fortunately harusame noodle soup is quite easy to make. Depending on what kind of taste I want, I change a soup stock, vegetables, and meats and just add harusame noodles in it at the end.

Today, I made harusame noodle soup with pork and bamboo shoots.
I usually put more harusame noodles, veggies, and meats so that I will be full just eating itself. Of course, you can make less and enjoy with onigiri or salads and etc...
You can get harusame noodles at asian markets. I like the one that already separated for 1 serving so that I don't have to hassle tearing apart.



Japanese recipe:
Harusame noodles soup with pork and bamboo shoots

*1 to 2 serving

+Ingredients+


  • 1 to 1.5 oz Harusame noodles (30-40g)
  • 2 oz Pork loin(thinly sliced) (50g)
  • 2 oz Bamboo shoot(boiled) (50g)
  • 1 clove Garlic(minced)
  • 1 cup Water (240cc)
  • 1 teaspoon Chicken Bouillon powder
  • 2 teaspoons Sesami oil
  • 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
  • Salt & pepper
  • Black pepper

+Direction+

  1. Prepare thinly-sliced pork. It is easier to cut after freezing for about 15 mins. Cut the thinly sliced pork into 1 bite sizes and season lightly with salt & pepper.
  2. Cut the bamboo shoot into thin strips and mince the garlic.
  3. In a pot, drizzle 1 tea spoon of sesami oil and saute garlic lightly. After that, add pork and bamboo shoot and cook until the color of the pork turn into brown.
  4. Add water, chicken bouillon power, and soy sauce in a pot. Bring soup to boil and skim any fat(grey forms) floating on a surface.
  5. Add harusame noodles in the soup and cook for about 2 min.(until harusame noodles become soft)
  6. Serve in a bowl with 1 tea spoon of sesami oil and blackpepper on top.



Tofu Recipe App for free↓

No comments:

Post a Comment