As I get older, I started craving traditional Japanese sweets like Kinako mochi a lot more than before.
Whenever I go back to Japan, I get excited to find new Kinako sweets too. It is amazing that Japanese people come up with tasty sweets using Kinako with non-traditional Japanese food such as cakes, chocolates, jam, breads, ice cream.....
By the way, If you have a chance to visit Japanese supermarkets, I recommend buying Kinako mochi chocolates from tirol. You will love it if you like soybean flour.
Japanese recipe: Kinako mochi
- 2 rice cakes
- 2 table spoons Soybean flour
- 2 tea spoons Sugar(add more if you would like)
- 1 pinch salt
- Place the rice cakes on a pan, put the lid and cook with medium heat for about 5mins
- Flip the rice cakes and continue to cook for about 5mins until the rice cakes rise and get soft inside.
- Dip the rice cakes in hot water for about 30mins.
- Combine soybean flour, sugar, and salt.
- Coat the rice cakes(step 3) with soybean flour mix(step4) and serve.
Tofu Recipe App for free↓