Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Japanese recipe: Kinako mochi (Soybean flour rice cake)

My favorite way to eat rice cakes is with kinako(soybean flour).
As I get older, I started craving traditional Japanese sweets like Kinako mochi a lot more than before.

Whenever I go back to Japan, I get excited to find new Kinako sweets too. It is amazing that Japanese people come up with tasty sweets using Kinako with non-traditional Japanese food such as cakes, chocolates, jam, breads, ice cream.....

By the way, If you have a chance to visit Japanese supermarkets, I recommend buying Kinako mochi chocolates from tirol. You will love it if you like soybean flour.





Japanese recipe: Kinako mochi


*1 serving


+Ingredients+
  • 2 rice cakes
  • 2 table spoons Soybean flour
  • 2 tea spoons Sugar(add more if you would like)
  • 1 pinch salt


+Directions+
  1. Place the rice cakes on a pan, put the lid and cook with medium heat for about 5mins
  2. Flip the rice cakes and continue to cook for about 5mins until the rice cakes rise and get soft inside.
  3. Dip the rice cakes in hot water for about 30mins.
  4. Combine soybean flour, sugar, and salt.
  5. Coat the rice cakes(step 3) with soybean flour mix(step4) and serve.

Tofu Recipe App for free↓

1 comment:


  1. I have a great fun reading your blogs. You are really a great writer. Thank you for making this beautiful and awesome blogs. Hope to read more post from you in the future. Please dont forget to visit me in my site @ www.imarksweb.org. Thank you.


    Rica

    ReplyDelete