To make bread crumbs, use a food processor to grind bread or just crush bread with your hands. If the bread is too moist, you can microwave or heat in a oven to dry.
This is fried shrimp I cooked on the other day with my own bread crumbs. Since I wanted a light breading for the shrimp this time, I ground the bread well and microwaved for couple of mins.
This fried shrimp is crispy but yet very light. You can enjoy the taste of shrimp well with this breading.
Japanese fusion recipe: Fried shrimp
- 8 Large shrimp
- 2oz Milk(60ml)
- 1/2 egg
- Bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 table spoons Ketchup*
- 1 tea spoon Horseradish*
- Remove shells and veins from the shrimp and season with salt.
- Make 5 small, evenly-spaced cuts on the top and bottom of the shrimp so that they will lay flat.
- In a bowl, combine milk and egg.
- Coat the shrimp with flour, milk and egg liquid(2.), and then bread crumbs.
- Wrap the shrimp with plastic wrap and let them sit for about 15mins.
- Deep fry the shrimp until golden brown for couple of mins.
- Serve the shrimp with ketchup and horseradish.
Tofu Recipe App for free↓