This dish is great especially on cold days. Lots of red pepper powder and ginger in this dish warm up your body.
Japanese fusion recipe:
Spicy Chinese cabbage stew with miso
- 1and1/4lb Chinese cabbage(about half) (550g)
- Lemon peel(Thinly sliced) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Awase miso
- 1 tablespoon Soysauce
- 1 tablespoon Mirin(sweet rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon Japanese sake
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 2 teaspoons Red pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Minced ginger
- Cut the Chinese cabbage into 1 bite-sizes. Mince ginger and garlic.Slice lemon peels thinly.
- Combine all the Miso sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- In a pot, place the Chinese cabbage.(Place the end (white parts)to the bottoms and leaves on top.)
- Pour the Miso sauce(step2) on top of the Chinese cabbage(step3) , put the lid, and cook for about 15mins with medium heat.
- Garnish thinly sliced lemon on top.
Tofu Recipe App for free↓