I love everything about Konjac(konnyaku) .
First of all, the taste. Konjac can change the taste by how you cook. One of the common dishes that konjac is necessary is Oden. I love the taste of Konjac soaked in oden broth.
Secondary, the texture. The texture of konjac is like very firm Jelly. It's just fun to chew. Konjac jelly, for example, has a great texture and I always feel something is missing when I eat normal jelly.
Finally, the nutrition factor. Konjac contains lots of fiber and is extremely low in calorie. Since it's filling but yet healthy, Konjac is popular for diet food too.
I would like to introduce this Konjac dish today.
Simmered Konjac with sweet miso sauce
I cooked Konjac with miso and sweet rice wine.
The nutty miso sauce goes well with Konjac very well.
Simmered konjac with sweet miso sauce
- 10oz Konjac
- 2 tables spoons Awase miso(dashi blend)
- 1 table spoon Soy sauce
- 2 table spoons Sweet rice wine
- 2 table spoons Japanese sake
- 2 tea spoons Red miso
- 1/2 tea spoon Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 dry red pepper(whole)
- 1 tea spoon sesami oil
- Chopped green onions
- Boil konjac in a pot for couple of mins.
- Tea konjac with hands into 1 bite sizes
- In a pot, drizzle sesami oil and cook konjac for couple of mins with medium heat.
- Add Awase miso, soy sauce, sweet rice wine, Japanese sake, dry red pepper(whole) and bring it to boil.
- Once it boils, put the lid and cook for about 20 mins with low heat.
- Open the lid and add red miso and sugar and cook until the sauce thickens for about 10 mins with medium heat.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve.
Tofu Recipe App for free↓